August 2013 Welcome to the most up-to-date version of my résumé.
MS, Digital Media
Georgia Institute of Technonology
BA, History & Sociology
San Antonio, TX
Magna Cum Laude, May 2003
Storyboarding & Sketches
Standard Operating Procedures
Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
Pinterest, YouTube, Blogging, WordPress, Facebook, Tumblr, Twitter, IFTTT, Google+,
Instagram, Google Drive, Curalate, HootSuite, CoTweet, Vitrue, Brandwatch
HTML/CSS, Google Analytics, Omniture, Adobe Creative Suite,
Content Management Systems (CMS), Newsletters (MailChimp, Eventbrite)
Laura Fries’ Media Experience
Manager, Social Content Strategy
Sept 2011 > Present
• Led team of 5 direct and 10 indirect reports; managed content creation for THD’s Pinterest, YouTube, Apron Blog & “Style Guide” iPad app.
• Developed financial model for ROI of Content Marketing; driving 114% increases in weekly Pinterest referral revenue for a Fortune 30 company.
• Concepted User-Generated Content series “Style Challenge” pairing 60+social influencer guest bloggers with THD merchandise; driving MMs of Pinterest impressions, eCommerce referrals and revenue participation.
• Created detailed editorial calendars against enterprise priorities and SEOcontent gap analysis, developing 20+ blog columns, 40+ Pinterest campaigns
• Contract position managing social media marketing for TNT’s summer lineup of television programs, including Franklin & Bash, The Closer, Rizzoli and Isles, Falling Skies, Leverage, HawthoRNe and Memphis Beat.
• Engaged audiences of over 2.5MM followers for TNT’s Summer Lineup, overseeing 400+% increases in monthly interactions within 30 days.
Graduate Research Assistant/Project Co-Director
Sept 2009 > May 2011
• Led National Science Foundation funded “growBot Garden” project at Georgia Tech, codesigning robotic technologies. Featured in Wired, Gourmet & CNN.
• Awarded CoDesign Workshop Commission for 2010 01SJ Festival in SJO.
Sept 2007 > Jan 2011
• Created flash-mob dinner party network; securing press coverage from CNN, NPR, Washington Post, ReadyMade, Atlanta Magazine & numerous blogs.
• Developed 60+ event marketing strategies for original ideas inclusive of dinners, entreprenuer meetups, film screenings & DIY design workshops.
February > August 2007
• Authored web publishing best practices blog, codesigned web-to-print WordPress plugins to generate convention newsletters, architected site redesign.
Oct 2004 > August 2006
• Oversaw online production of all CL publications, including 4 newspaper websites and multiple blogs, forums, podcasts and MySpace accounts.
• Managed 2 Content Management System (CMS) transitions in 6 months.
Food Editor/Staff Writer
Jan 2003 > July 2004
• Revamped “Food” section of paper, managed freelancers, assigned and edited copy, launched dynamic restaurant review database.